WebVR/WebXR Play Guide
User Generated Gallery is open. It's fun!
<Web VR WebXR Guide>
<Other Hardware Guides>
Supported VR Headsets
Windows Mixed Reality
HTC Vive and SteamVR
Controller Calibration (Laser,Twohand mode)
This process is for the program to know your comfortable wrist angle
Choose a matching controller to your device
Graphic Detail Adjustment
Dynamic Light Effect
- Recommend OFF on [Oculus Go,Google VR with Snap 835]
– This option taxes your device very much
– Need experiment with this option on PC devices. PC WebXR may already have default antialiasing. Turning this ON may slow it down with no quality gain.
– Find a best trade-off resolution for you
– Recommend 1.4X on solo girl contents. Experiment 1.2X on VR Comics displaying multiple characters.
– Default will provide a blurry shadow, fit for Mobile VRs.
– Fell free to experiment on your device. Maximum shadow may slow down even the PC VRs.
– For Oculus Quest, 1.4X resolution with no Antialiasing
– For PC VRs, use default resolution,Shadow High or Max. (Antialiasing needs experiment)
1. Hardware Related
Oculus Go,Quest (outdated video)
2. Game Related
Oculus Browser Guides and Troubles
Fixing Oculus Browser Permission
Windows Mixed Reality(archived)
1. Choose a matching controller to your device
2. Run by Chrome Desktop Browser
Unfortunately, recent Chrome 85 update doesn't allow you to start WebXR inside VR. You don't have the Chrome icon inside the Daydream VR.
To fix this, you either
1) uninstall Chrome and install chrome 84 from apkmirror, also need to disable auto APP update
2) start VR in Cardboard VR like manner (start in non-VR, and wear headset later)
Android APK tutorial is easy to find, I'll leave the details to the users.